Patent drawings are often referred to the visual forms of the descriptive patent descriptions or inventions that will be offering the best idea and understanding of an invention. Having a patent drawing handy often solves the problem of getting to dig deeper into the complete specifications of any invention or creation.
This is why; patent drawings are gaining up high in the growing world of inventions.
Several specialists today work in the directional setup of delivering some of the finest Patent Drawings in order to ensure that the technical manufacturing stream of the invention doesn’t often face any problems.
However, there are always certain points that need to be kept in consideration while dealing with the patient drawings.
Basic Rules for Patent Drawings Drafting
Following are a few basic rules and points of consideration for creating any patent drawing:-
- Drawings should be drafted in black and white unless using a colour is the only way to illustrate a part of the invention.
- All drawings should be as per the scale of the illustration.
- Inclusion of the identification above each drawing along with the invention name, name of inventor, and application number is a must.
- All drawings should be submitted on 11-inch by 8.5-inch white paper or A4 paper.
- The drawing paper used must:
- Be of non-shiny, flexible nature and free from creases or folds, durable, and white.
- Be free from erasures, alterations, any sort of over-writings, and interlineations.
- The margins should at least be maintained 1 inch on the top and left sides, 3/8 inch on the right, and 5/8 inch on the bottom.
- The drawings must include the scan target points (cross-hairs) on two cater-corner margin corners.
- None of the drawings must be superimposed over others.
- Usage of symbols and a legend becomes necessary for describing the invention.
- Solid black shading except over the bar graphs or colour representation should be avoided.
- Lead lines guiding the reader from the drawings to the associated symbol described must be used.
- Each page must be numbered and viewed in order with the Arabic numerals.
- Holes in the paper must be avoided.
- Photographs included must follow similar rules in terms of the type, size, and margins of the drawing.
Creation of patent drawings is a must for all sorts of technical inventions taken into account. The prescribed rules need to be taken into account before drafting any of the drawing illustrations. Even a silly mistake in the drawing can ruin the entire project or invention stream.
Professional patent drawing bodies are thus, often recommended in such a course. Holding a rich experience and valid hand over such Patent Illustrations, they tend to not just offer a well detailed and highly stunning diagrammatic drawing for an invention but, also reduce the chances of the drawings getting rejected at the application point. A patent applicant can be sure of getting a non-compromised drawing shaking hands with a pro.